Saturday, July 10, 2010

Creme Brule'

So I always thought it would be fun to have a torch...

A bit of a pyro lover I guess, it just looked "fun"

A couple years ago, my dad requested Creme Brule' for his birthday.
With an excuse like this, there was NO way I would use the broiler on the over to achieve the crunchy sugar top of this only heard about dessert!
So I got a torch.
It is so much fun to use, and yes I am more careful than I sound! =)

This year for Fathers' Day I made it again. However I used a whole vanilla bean- which was exciting to try too!
I will let the pictures speak for themselves!


The set-up

This smells sooooo good! If you have never used one before, you should try!

It was too difficult to take pictures and cut the bean, yes I tired, but I didnt get cut! So I just took pictures in between steps. You have to slit the bean and then scrape out it's insides...

They look kind of like ground coffee beans, but smelled so much sweeter!

The cream mixture cooking, really its only milk and the vanilla bean

The egg and sugar mixture

Together they make a great pair!
The baking. . . and waiting. . .
And the most fun part! The torching!!!!


Final product! They turned out so pretty and tasted pretty good too!

1 comment:

Wilson Family said...

They not only looked pretty but they sure tasted great! =)