Sunday, April 18, 2010

dinging

ding. ding. ding. ding. ding. ding. ding.
ding. ding. ding. ding. ding.
ding. ding. ding.
ding. ding. ding. ding.
ding. ding. ding. ding. ding. ding.
ding. ding.
ding. ding. ding. ding.
ding. ding.
ding. ding.
ding. ding.
ding. ding.
Annoying right?

So I am getting gas and the car right on the other side of the pump is just about in sync with me.
(pulling up at the same time, selecting grade and so forth. . .)
But here was the kicker... the lady doesnt take her keys out of the ignition.
So what happens when keys are left in the car and the door is open?
"dinging"
Dinging. over and over and over again!
Some cars are annoying, and this one was no let down.
It seemed that my pump was the slowest one at the station, and hers must have been because her dinging car was there the WHOLE time I was.
I dont know if she had a hearing problem, and maybe it really just did not phase her. I guess if you do something long enough, you are immune to the warnings around you.
As I watched this lady go back and forth, arranging her front seat, cleaning out trash, the dinging is ever present and loud.
I had to think of my own life- though it took me getting on the road and away from the dinging before I could.
How often in my own life do I have warnings, that have become just white noise to me?
What things should I take care of- that are apparent to others, that have become drowned out to me?
Should I have said anything to that lady about her car? How would that have been taken?
How do I take reminders if someone brings a reminder to my attention?
Though highly annoying, may I never grow use to the "ding ding ding" in my life!

No comments: